Mon Jul 04 11:59:30 CST 2022
Grooving tool and parting tool contain a "cut" word, many people will mistake it for the same turning tool, in fact, it is not, so what is the difference between them in use?
Grooving tool is used when cutting grooves. The front of the slotting cutter is the main cutting edge, and the two are the auxiliary cutting edges. Install slot cutter, its main cutting edge should be parallel to the axis of the workpiece, the main insert and the axis of the workpiece at the same height.
Narrow groove cutting, the width of the main cutting edge is equal to the width of the groove, and the groove will be cut out by transverse cutting once. Cut the width of the slot, the width of the main cutting edge is less than the width of the slot, several times the transverse cutting tool, cut the slot width; After cutting out the width of the slot, the longitudinal insert fine car groove bottom, cut the width of the slot.
The parting tool and the slot cutter are basically the same, but the main cutting edge is narrow, the tool head is longer. In the cutting process, the heat dissipation condition is poor, the tool stiffness is low, so the cutting amount must be reduced to prevent the vibration of the machine tool and the workpiece.
Precautions for parting operation
(1) When parting tool clamping, it is not easy to extend too long and the centerline of parting tool must be installed perpendicular to the centerline of the workpiece to ensure the symmetry of the two pairs of deflection angles; When the solid workpiece is broken, the main cutting edge of the parting tool must be installed with the center of the workpiece, otherwise it can not be placed in the center, and easy to collapse, or even break the tool; The bottom plane of the cutter should be flat to ensure the symmetry of the two pairs of rear angles. When cutting, the workpiece is generally clamped with chuck. The cutting place should be close to the chuck to avoid vibration of the workpiece.
(2) When installing the parting tool, the tip should be aligned with the center of the workpiece, the tool bar is perpendicular to the axis of the workpiece, and the tool bar can not be extended too long, but it must ensure that the tool rest does not touch the chuck when cutting
(3) When cutting, the cutting speed should be reduced, and the matching clearance of the sliding part of the spindle and tool rest should be reduced as much as possible.
(4) Manual feed should be even. Fast cutting, should slow down the feed speed, so as not to break the head.
(5) Cutting fluid should be added when cutting steel.